The GEO is Registered on 18th July 2007, it is a great event after about 9 months of thinking, discussions, planning and participation of the GEO Founders. The 1st Board Meeting of GEO was held on 18th August 2007 at Tarnaka, Hyderabad is very useful in directing GEO forward with great vision. All the members have participated intensively in this meeting.
Ongoing projects / activities of GEO
1. APSIDC - List irrigation schemes - Participatory Performance Monitoring and Impact Assessment System (PPMIAS)
2. Project with school Children - Sujatha Group of Schools
3. Participation in International Projects on Energy - Ivory Coast and Senegal.
4. Online trainings / Sharing of Information - Zenith, Kanpur School Kid
5. GEO has become a member of University-Community Partnership for Social Action Research Network
6. Negotiations on future projects: Western Karnataka and Kurnool (Micro-finance network)
Prof. Purushotham Reddy, would like to provide his ancestral house in Shivanna Gudem, Nalgonda District for GEO to work with focus on mitigating the impact of fluoride
The options for setting up a Resource Center in Turkapally, Nallamalai Hills is being looked, two field visits have been completed by Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy.
MAGH-1 stoves, 100 nos. are being produced now. They would be ready for dissemination with in a couple of weeks. Two of the GEO members are involved in this initiative. This would help in realizing the spread of Clean stove technologies - an objective of GEO
Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy
Mobile No. 9246352018